Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pandemonium


My most favorite artist is John Martin. I saw some of his work at the High Museum of Art when i visited earlier this year. His art was amazing. The main reason that he is my favorite artist is because of this one particular piece of art. Pandemonium is my overall favorite piece of art work. I reminds me of the movie 300 which happens to be one of my favorites. I believe that this artwork depicts the Roman Empire both the rise and fall all in one painting. The Roman standing on the rock high above the lava shows the rise of the Roman Empire. The lava symbolizes the hard brute force that the Romans used to take over most of the Eastern Hemisphere. Though the lava I feel also symbolizes the turmoil that ended the reign of the Romans as the world power. The symbolism shown in this picture is the same symbolism that John Martin shows in all of his artwork. The symbolism that Martin depicts in his art is just one of the many reasons I believe that John Martin is the most amazing artist ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment